Monday, October 16, 2006

Here Be Dragons

I knit my first dragon ages ago, I must have been around 12 or so. I've been meaning to knit another for a while now and this weekend I finally got around to it. Probably because I had lots of other things I should have done instead.

Meet Primrose, a playful little one as young dragons should be. She is knitted and crocheted from yellow, cream and purple acrylic baby yarn and stuffed with synthetic fill. She's 28 cm (11 in) long and 15 cm (6 in) tall when standing. All in all she needed 10 separate pieces, but I did most of the shaping during knitting and crocheting. The arms and legs are made in one piece, for example, with no seams at all.

Knitting Primrose was a very enjoyable experience, probably because she needed a lot of meticulous attention. It seems that to be happy about knitting, really happy, and to reach that relaxing level, I need to make something as detailed and complex as possible. I know, it doesn't make any sense.

She took me hours to finish and was a challenge, but I'm happy with the result.

I decided to make a listing for a custom dragon on Etsy, even though one will cost quite a bit. Maybe some dragon enthusiast will stumble across it, you never know. ;)

Want a custom dragon of your own?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...