Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I came to a realization...

Magenta is really an excellent colour. Seriously.

No, I'm not talking about the horrible magenta that makes your eyes bleed when you stumble across it among the wide webs of the internet. (Especially when combined with yellow or turquoise. *shudder*)

I'm talking about the deep, rich, delicious magenta I'm using to knit a shawl. I've had this slightly shiny cotton yarn for ages, not knowing what to do with it. I'm not even sure how I got it in the first place. There it has sat and waited for years, until a week ago, I had a terrible need to knit a shawl.

Yes, that's right. I needed to knit a shawl. One can get addicted to anything, it seems.

So anyway, I started knitting this shawl in my own design. For such a bold colour, I chose to use bold lines. This thing will be awesome. Just you wait and see. Until then, here's a preview:


Excellent, I tell you.

EXCELLENT

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...