Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm back and a great time was had by all!

Two weeks went by way too fast and we are now back home. During that time we celebrated a great wedding and a nearly equally great midsummer, while I ate about 18 liters of icecream and got addicted to weeding my parents' garden. Who knew weeding could be so much fun? More to the point, who knew I would find weeding so much fun?

Due to the previously mentioned activities and a few more besides, I didn't get much knitting done. I did make a jacket out of the pile of yarn I showed previously in this blog, which turned out to be just the right thing to wear. Not too hot during the sunny day, but still warm enough for the somewhat chilly night. However, I decided to do the top later, as my mother miraculoucly made both a skirt and a top out of a piece of fabric that was meant to be too small for even the skirt, according to the pattern specifications.

Anyway, it turns out the only fairly decent photo of me in the jacket is this one, sans my head as I can be shy at times.


Finally, I have to show this sunset photo, taken from the car at about 4 am as we were driving back home after the wedding. Sadly it doesn't quite show in the photo, but it was a beautiful sunset to end a beautiful day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...