Friday, June 08, 2007

Over the hills and far away...

Where am I going?
To visit my parents.

How long for?
A whole two weeks.

What will I be doing?
Going to a wedding and catching up with old friends, but mostly just lie on the grass while eating icecream and watching the strawberries grow. Hopefully they'll grow big enough during my visit that they can disappear into my tummy.


I'm one of those strange people who feel that vacations are for doing absolutely nothing. Or perhaps more correctly, what other people might consider 'nothing': lie on the beach or in the garden while reading, knitting, eating icecream... Aaaaaahhhh.

Planning and going on trips to foreign lands, thinking up all sorts of stuff one 'must' do now while there's free time and setting up schedules for when to do them - all that's wayyyy too stressy. I do enjoy doing those things from time to time, it's just not what I consider proper for relaxing and charging my batteries during a Real Vacation.

These two weeks will be my Real Vacation. Joy. :D So, I only have one single major event planned: attending a wedding. I have my outfit all planned, now all that's needed is making it. (This part is fun and is thus not considered at odds with the concept of a Real Vacation.) I have about one week to turn this...



...into a fancy top and fancy little jacket with lace and cables. Fortunately I chose bulky yarn and fortunately the train ride to my parents is about 5 hours long.

Wish me luck, boys and girls.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I'll bet the top and jacket will be gorgeous! Take care and have a nice vacation! :)

Morrgan said...

Thank you! I'm enjoying it so far. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...