Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Adding to the Stash

What could be more fun for a yarn addict than to visit a yarn store. Here are my latest additions to the Stash, my teetering tower of plastic boxes full of yarn.

These are lovely big balls (ahem), each about 10 cm (4 in) across and over 20 cm (8 in) long, in red, orange, black and variegated mossy greens. The sun is hiding and these are too big to fit in my lightbox, so the red yarn isn't as deep, dark and delicious in the photo as in reality, nor is the orange as bright as it should be. I'm all set for my autumn projects now, methinks.

Sadly, said teetering tower was brought to the limit of its teeterings by these additions, so I will have to use some up soon. Or just buy another box to add on top.

I'll spend most of my evening tonight knitting another pair of fingerless gloves, in black, red and whatever colour strikes my fancy. It's not like I'm much good for anything else, since I seem to have injured my back somehow. Ouchie.

As final words of wisdom I can say it's a spectacularly bad idea to do a water change to one of your fish tanks using the ol' bucket method with a sore back. Big big ouchie.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...