Friday, July 27, 2007

Say hello to Salvador!

One morning this week I woke up and had a need to knit a seahorse. Yeah, I'm a bit strange like that. When I'm in one of those moods there's no point wondering why I need to make one right there and then; I may as well just take advantage of it. So I did make one. And it was wayyyyy fun.

Salvador was made in one piece, not counting the fins, so there was a lot of shaping to do. I have to say it was a challenge, but I'm happy with how he turned out. All in all, very satisfying. :)

Salvador is now available in my Etsy shop! You can even choose a different colour if you like.

On the topic of seahorses, I spent some time googling them to find some good reference photos. Hence I'm able to give you this little tidbit: the smallest seahorse is Denise's pygmy seahorse (Hippocampus denise), measuring only 16 mm or 0.63 inches long. Now that would be a real challenge. ;)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

you're very clever! salvador looks great :)
(scrap4u)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...