Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My fruit bowl runneth over. Or something.

I'm the kind of person who enjoys having a bowl full of fruit in the house. Mine is a simple glass bowl, currently filled with satsumas. When the fruit bowl is full, all is good. A full fruit bowl means all problems can be overcome.

Why do I have this strange fixation with fruit bowls? I honestly don't know. All I know is that seeing my bowl full of fruit makes me happy, and why question such a simple source of happiness?

So, what does my fruit bowl have to do with what I have to show you today? Well, not much, really. In fact, probably nothing at all. I just like the photo I took of it.

Onwards to the showoff, then.


These are another pair of fingerless gloves in my usual striped pattern, knitted from a wool/polyamide blend on 5 needles. I've been wanting to make another pair with blue ever since the first one sold; don't know why it's taken so long to get around to it.

2 comments:

femputer said...

I love the gloves, Morrgan! I have always wanted to maintain a fruit bowl. But I eat much less fruit than I probably should so I worry that it will go bad. Perhaps I should make a more concerted effort! Yours is absolutely lovely! The appeal for me is having something fresh, bright, and "alive" around.

Anonymous said...

We always do have a full fruit bowl too. But it's apples. Always. Because DH takes two for work each day.
The other "more interesting" fruits are in the fridge most of the time. And often forgotten then ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...