Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday Finds: Microbes

Lately I have been staring at bacteria in various forms all day, so of course I'm adding more to look at on my blog! It makes sense on some level, I'm sure. The Tuesday Finds are back after the holiday break and this week I bring you microorganisms or microbes.

In order to look at microorganisms, one of course needs a microscope. This neat sterling silver microscope pendant by Ball & Chain Jewelry should get us started!
($60, ballandchain.etsy.com)

Peering into the microscope, you might see something along the lines of this yellow bacteria. However, admiring the bacteria sewed and embroidered on a convertible pin and pendant by Crinoline is certainly easier on the eyes.
($15, crinoline.artfire.com)

I worked with a species of Pseudomonas bacteria a few years ago, but alas, I never saw anything as cute as scientific culture's plush microbe. (I'm sure the microscope just wasn't powerful enough to show that sweet little smile...)
($7, scientificculture.etsy.com)

2 comments:

Morgan the Muse said...

yeah, undoubtedly that smile is there. I like it.

X by Leina Neima said...

:) You put huge smile on my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...