Saturday, September 26, 2009

Prabnasky Prague, part 2

The second part of the Prague photos was delayed a bit, as I first suffered through a few days of some weird flu-like thing, then got tendonitis (at least I think that's the word in English?) in my left foot. It's not been my week. But now I have chocolate, icecream and appropriate painkillers, plus orders to stay put (in front of the computer) for a few days. So, here are more photos!

Those of you who know me from the Thief community will understand why half of this post is pictures of a cathedral. Mmmm, pretty architectural detail. =)


On the second day in Prague we went to see the Prague Castle, within which lies the St. Vitus Cathedral. Oh yes.


Ohhhhhhhh yes.


I wonder what it would take to have a couple of gargoyles like these constructed above our balcony? Instant über-coolness.


That door! That pipe! Instant Thief nostalgia. (Ignore random tourist.)


The view from outside the castle is fantastic. I love those red tile roofs.


And here I thought Finland was the only place with such a silly sign. Silly, because to me it looks like that kid is playing football with someone's head. "Warning! Homicidal Neighbourhood Ahead"


At times it seemed like the people of Prague are trying to cover their city in vines, like this. I heartily approve of such endeavours.


The memorial to victims of Communism. It's one of the creepiest things I have ever seen. Seriously.


And with that creepy finale, I conclude the series of photos from Prague. I'll have to go back some day, if only to go look inside the cathedral and see the stained glass designed by Mucha. I'd like to get lost among the Old Town's streets again too. My kind of place. =)

2 comments:

karuski said...

Hei, thanks for visiting my blog! And great to see pictures from Prague! Great city (the only minus side is that the old town is a bit too crowded by tourists, I think)...

I hope the flu is going away soonish!

Brenda said...

Wow, great cathedral pictures! Thanks for sharing them. Hope you're feeling better soon! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...