Sunday, January 05, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

Goodbye to good old 2013 and welcome to new and shiny 2014!

Last year was in many ways an exciting and eventful year. Here's a few of the highlights:

  • In March, I got tired of being a sad weakling and started going to the gym, with the simple goal of getting stronger. At the end of December, after a little over 9 months of training at the gym, 2 times a week on average, I was able to deadlift 1.5x my own weight. I call that a goal achieved. B)
  • In May, I got to experience my first ever case of pneumonia, although a mild one. It sucked. Muchly.
  • In August, I returned to university for another few years of study. I may be 10 years older than most others, but that's not a problem. This second time around I know how it works from the start, so my studies are going very well as I now know how to combine studying with the fun stuff. ;)
  • In September, I started learning Italian and it's awesome. Buon giorno, i miei amici! Come va?
  • In October, I had progressed far enough in the programming classes (which are part of my studies) to be able to program my own little text adventure in Python. Oh, what a proud moment!

Aaaand basically none of this showed up on the blog at the time. Oops. Truthfully, it was a sad and pathetic year blogging-wise, but I aim to change that this year. Honest!

A picture from spring 2013 as there are no lovely snow-covered vistas for us this year. It's been an unusually warm winter, we've hardly gotten a glimpse of snow at all. There goes my ambitious skiing plans (i.e. trying skiing again for the first time in about 8 years).

In fact, here's a little list of some things I plan to do this year:

  • Make a few changes to my Etsy shop, including changing the currency to Euros (already done) and thanks to that change, being able to accept Etsy Gift Cards (also already done, hint hint).
  • I'm working on a bunch of new patterns that I plan to release one at a time over the year. The first one should be ready for release in January, if all goes well!
  • Being able to deadlift 2x my own weight. B)
  • Blog more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...